Welcome to My World

Regardless of where we are, life comes at us. If we want to cherish the moments, they tend to pass us by faster than we can savor them. If we would rather skip a day, it seems to linger endlessly. But life is what it is, and we have to make the most of what we have and focus on the good aspects, large or small, to truly relish our life.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

I'm Dreaming of Starbucks Coffee

Sigh.  I've been home for almost a week now with a virus.  Strike that.  According to the blood work, I'm fighting off 4 different ones.  No wonder I've been so tired recently!  So I've been snoozing in the family room chairs by day, er, um.  I've been watching the kids in the family room by day, closing my eyes at intervals, while they watch videos.  Thankfully, I have had some help on the days I've had no more strength than to pull the covers back over me for some shut eye.  But today I really, really, really wanted to be feeling better.

See, about four of us gals get together every couple of months and go to the nearby Starbucks to have coffee, dessert, and chit chat.  The chit chat usually lasts around 4 hours, as it's our "Girls Day Out."  We catch up with the recent happenings and laugh and cry together, and have a genuinely fun time.  It helps me to stay grounded with life.  We're all in different phases of life, while all in the generally same age range, so it truly is an encouraging situation for all of us, I think.

Alas, I am staying home, about to go crawl back into bed, I think, after drinking another liter of Gatorade.  I know that tonight, I will have greatly missed the fellowship with my gal pals, but I think that for this moment, I am content.  I just want to sleep.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be better.  Until then, I'll dream of that order I would have made today:  a grande white chocolate peppermint mocha.  Mmm...delightful!

1 comment:

  1. Aww. Gina, I know how you feel and I know how it is to miss the good times with the gang, but I am glad you are getting your rest. I pray you'll feel better very soon. If you're dreaming of a grande white chocolate peppermint mocha, I'll dream along with with you and have a grande gingerbread latte! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments here :D