Welcome to My World

Regardless of where we are, life comes at us. If we want to cherish the moments, they tend to pass us by faster than we can savor them. If we would rather skip a day, it seems to linger endlessly. But life is what it is, and we have to make the most of what we have and focus on the good aspects, large or small, to truly relish our life.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nothing Like the Real Thing

Richard and I went out on a date today.  We drove for an hour to go to the Mall of Georgia.  Though somewhat cold, it was a lovely day, and we turned on the heater in the car as we headed for our destination.  We went to see a movie, Tron: Legacy at the IMAX in 3-D.  We weren't disappointed.

For those not familiar with the first movie, which became a cult classic with Geeks, Nerds, Computer types, sci-fi fans, and the like, and for those who haven't seen the second movie and want to be surprised, have no fears, I won't give away anything truly important.  The first movie is simply about a programmer who ends up, through a series of events, inside the computer world.  He has to play games and try to help the programs gain freedom from the master computer that has its own devious plan. 

The second movie picks up with his son, who, after his father has mysteriously disappeared, leads an interesting life with seemingly little cares.  As you may suspect, through a series of events, he finds himself in the same place his father had gone some years earlier.  A program that appears to be his father surfaces.

The truth is made known and the son is reunited with his father and the movie goes on.  Programs wonder what it would be like to live in the real world and the son wants his father back, for they have missed years together.  The father, in turn, has learned a few lessons in life, himself.  Then, the movie really begins.

Of course, there is no way to truly describe a sunset to one who has no knowledge of the sun.  There is no way to describe love to one who has never experienced it for himself.  The best we can do is to tell them over and over again, to show them over and over again.  It was said once that some will be known by our love for one another.

Richard and I had such a lovely time!  We saw the movie.  We held hands and talked as we walked together through the mall we visit once every couple of years.  Sure, it would have been fun to go out with some of the girls.  I would have enjoyed the time.  But there's nothing quite like being with one who knows you better than anyone else.  There is nothing like having someone know your faults and yet still loves you. 

We teased about the cost of a movie like that, figuring in gas, tickets, and everything.  I told Richard I was an expensive date.  He told me I was an expensive wife.  I told him it was a good thing I'm worth it.  He smiled, pulled me close and said it was and that I'm worth every penny.  A couple years ago, we wouldn't have been able to tease like that, not without me getting self-conscious and insecure.  But we've had time, spent with each other, in all sorts of situations, and we could have that fun conversation today.

I have witnessed the sunrise.  I have smelled the wondrous roses and  I have tasted the chocolates he's brought me over the years.  I have felt his reassurances and I have found true joy with him.  I'm still learning, but I'm discovering how real love feels and how it responds, and there is nothing like it in all the world.

1 comment:

  1. I had to scroll really quickly through some parts because I haven't seen the movie yet but woman, you made my heart yearn... my Richard and I are thousands of miles apart so we have to content ourselves with phone dates and snail mail... but I'm happy for you and your Richard... you have been blessed with finding the one man that was created just for you... how amazing is that? ♥

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments here :D