Welcome to My World

Regardless of where we are, life comes at us. If we want to cherish the moments, they tend to pass us by faster than we can savor them. If we would rather skip a day, it seems to linger endlessly. But life is what it is, and we have to make the most of what we have and focus on the good aspects, large or small, to truly relish our life.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Winter's Fire Glow

My feelings regarding the winter season have always been a conundrum to me.  I'm not much for the cold weather; I personally have no use for it but for one occasion: snow.  Those that have known me well over the years know that one of my favorite sayings is, "If it's not going to snow, then there is no reason for cold weather."  If I am going to be cold, I want to see beauty in the mix. 

Yes, snow is the purpose of winter.  There is nothing quite like making snow angels in the dead of winter.  Bundling up to go outside, packing tight snowballs, building snowmen, and making snow cream is where I find the cold's purpose.  I have no purpose for the cold, except for ice on the occasional burn, such as the one on my right arm from making pancakes the other night.  Even when I am injured, I abhore the ice on the site and look forward to the moment I can put heat on my boo boo.

Heat.  Now that is one thing I like about winter.  Say what?  What does heat have to do with winter, you ask?  Everything.  It is my second favorite thing about it.  There is nothing I like better on a cold winter's night than sitting beside a nice, toasty fireplace.  It gives off warmth, nostalgia, and a sense of safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments here :D