Welcome to My World

Regardless of where we are, life comes at us. If we want to cherish the moments, they tend to pass us by faster than we can savor them. If we would rather skip a day, it seems to linger endlessly. But life is what it is, and we have to make the most of what we have and focus on the good aspects, large or small, to truly relish our life.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Reason to be Thankful

Yesterday, I lay in my bed with so much to do and yet realized it must remain undone by myself.  Not allowed to do so much as wipe a kitchen counter, I have found myself getting more and more frustrated with my current situation.  I have four darling children and a husband who loves me, and yet I spent all but an hour and a half in bed.  My mother had to do my job; I was having a lovely little pity party with my aches and pains.

And then I got slapped in the face with a harsh reality.  My littlest daughter, only barely 2 1/2, wanted to come see me.  But she wouldn't come to my bed because she thought I was sleeping and did not want to disturb me.  When she finally did fall asleep, my mother brought Gabriela and lay her in bed next to me.  Wheneve she started to stir, I just put my finger in the palm of her hand, and she would close it around my finger.  Now that may not sound like such a big deal to anybody else, but to me it meant the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments here :D